Lost Pirates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robo, and Recons

5 posters

Go down

Robo, and Recons Empty Robo, and Recons

Post  foxhound Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Things a little different since Season 1 AVA but two thing still are extremely important. 1) Someone (Robo) Needs to protect our respawn point, and 2) Someone needs to be haunting down and destroying there respawn beacon (recon maybe) in between helping the team out. If you are a robo or recon, i think it would be good to pratice this in pvp. Robos seem to do well with a flame turret, and medcrate (and anything else that is usefull to you when pvping) camped out next to the respawn beacon somewhat close to the action.

foxhound

Back to top Go down

Robo, and Recons Empty Re: Robo, and Recons

Post  Viscerality Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Since I've been playing my robo I've noticed alot about how classes work. I agree with you, one robo should set up a flame turret near the respawn beacon, it would be invaluable. , plus they aren't easy to get by. Here's something I notice about robo's though, recons rape us. Sniping takes a huge chunk out of our structures, and makes them very hard to keep up, also takes a huge chunk out of us, so if we could have a recon going around snipe harassing the other team, it would be excellent. Also something I've noticed, is if assaults, maybe one tank spec, should kind of guard the rest of the robos and the rest of the robo's should set up near each other. That way that one assault can fend off any annoying recons who try to sabotage our things. Usually when robos are being harassed, they are too busy trying to repair their structures, and can't really fight off the harasser. Another easy way to fix this would be a second flame turret, but then we would be low on long range fire support. I'd say the last two things are obviously, the rest of the recons should be either a, trying to pick off anybody running around being sneaky, or b, give sniper firing support. Obviously medics should be healing the assaults, and the assaults should be pushing the front lines. I think if everybody knows their roles and executes it right, it should be pretty easy.
Viscerality
Viscerality
Admin

https://galostpirates.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  foxhound Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Ya, a senor would be good to have or have another robo set up so you can see (and the flame turret can see) a recon coming. Robos would have to set up the beacon somewhere that is closed off from far away sniper fire. Placement is key.

foxhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxxuh Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I vote for FinalFrosty as robo o.o... He's really good at it Very Happy, do a lot of games with him haven't done any PvP.. But still, he's really good at PvE at least ^_^
Foxxuh
Foxxuh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsie Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 pm

As far as designating a single recon to sabotage their respawn beacon, I agree, but should they spec as a Snipecon or Melee con? I've found in pvp the melee con is invaluable for this task since they can take one out in 2 seconds. They are usually spec'd more appropriately for sneaking around too. With this in mind, we may need to call for backup depending on how well defended the beacon is, so a snipecon may be more useful then. What do you guys think? I haven't really played ava yet, so i dont have a feel for this game mode yet and how it differs from pvp.

Kinsie

Back to top Go down

Post  Viscerality Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 am

Playing tonight, I learned a few very interesting combination's for things. I mean all in all the combo's were pretty obvious, but executed properly were so efficient.

The first interesting thing I saw was assault + medic. Now this alone wasn't interesting. Obviously they go together like bread and butter. What was interesting was how the enemy team was using 1 medic and 1 assault to literally go around and one off our robo positions. Our robo's were kind of spread out, and this one team of assault + Medic was just completely dedicated to flanking our robo's and breaking em down. Very Very effective.

The second interesting thing I saw was on a breach map, were my team got steamrolled. Our robo's would keep setting up their defenses, and literally the other team would just run in with all of their assaults and recons and medics and just THROW themselves on the robo's defenses to take em out. Immediately crippled our defenses, and then moved onto finishing us up and moving out.

Last interesting thing was in a game of breach again, where we had a good number of robo's again. Now what we did is, instead of spreading out, we built all of our stuff in one position, and we had all our turrets facing in a way to where they could defend the point, and defend each other. Very Effective, I was also thinking once I have a flame turret, we could have one flame turret defend other robo's setups effectively, and have a nice fortified bunker. Many Variations we could try with this.
Viscerality
Viscerality
Admin

https://galostpirates.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dridstar Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 pm

The second instance you mention "The Steamroll" boils down to just teamwork and coordination. This tactic can be used by any team that decides to stick together and play as a team. The only way to fight it is to do the same.

In between fringe snipin I generally tend to park by a Robo nest and hide. Retaliatory snipe shots usually keep the other teams' Snipercons from doing too much damage. Inevitably however, in comes a Meleecon/Bombercon to wipe em out and I'm pretty powerless to stop them.

I think a good strat may be to choose just one Robo and two Recon. Sniper and Melee. This can be "Base One" so to speak. Everything branches off this. Assault needs to be on the point and Healers need to be attached at the hip to an Assault. The Robo at Base One can lay down a Healing Box and whatever else may be needed. I'm getting in the habit of carrying an instant heal consumable to help with my healing.

The Steamroll is a VERY effective strat. A team coordinated on Vent can easily pull this off and I would imagine this is one of the prevailing ways of winning AvA. We could do this as well.

I think something we should consider is role priority. Everyone has ONE role. ONE thing they do. There's always the emergency sure, but if you keep it simple then the strat falls into place like Tetris. This, of course, once we can field an all Lost Pirates team.
Dridstar
Dridstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum